Entity Framework Main seven., a planned update to Microsoft’s open source, cross-system, object-relational mapper (ORM), will target on themes such as JSON and SQL queries
Also referred to as EF Main seven, or EF7, the update, due in November 2022, will be the the future release soon after EF Main 6, which arrived very last thirty day period, according to a Microsoft web site post released December 15. There are no ideas for a EF Main 6.1 release, Microsoft claimed.
Between the themes slated for investment in EF7 is JSON columns, with end users capable to help save and question into JSON-dependent files saved in relational database columns. The functionality is slated to introduce a common mechanism and patterns for JSON help that can be implemented by any database supplier. Options connect with for operating with the neighborhood to align present implementations for PostgreSQL and MySQL whilst adding help for SQL Server and SQL Server Lite.
Also eyed for EF7 are raw SQL queries for unmapped types. This characteristic would make it possible for purposes to execute additional types of raw SQL queries without dropping down to ADO.Web or utilizing third-celebration libraries.
Microsoft claimed much work planned for EF7 will involve strengthening the facts entry encounter for .Web throughout distinctive platforms and domains. This will involve work in EF Main the place needed but also work in other spots, with a target on platforms such as the .Web MAUI cross-system advancement framework, the ASP.Web Main world-wide-web advancement framework, and the Azure Synapse analytics system.
EF7 at this time is focused for use with .Web 6, but may possibly be up to date to a planned .Web seven release. Other themes eyed for EF7 consist of:
- Bulk updates that deliver successful, predicate-dependent updates for many database rows without loading facts into memory.
- Lifecycle hooks that make it possible for purposes to react when “interesting things happen” in EF code. These hooks help notification of an application or library when selected conditions or steps happen for entities, homes, relationships, queries, context situations and other EF constructs.
- Mapping of entities in a hierarchy to individual tables without getting the functionality strike of table-for every-sort mapping.
- Enabling code created by
dotnet ef database
scaffoldto be entirely custom-made.
- Mapping of inserts, updates, and deletes (CUD functions) to saved techniques.
- Support for price technology when utilizing price converters.
Copyright © 2021 IDG Communications, Inc.