Visual Studio Code 1.61, released Oct 7, introduces the ability to open side-by-side editors for the identical file.
The new split editor functionality is enabled by a “Split in Group” command, which splits an editor into two sides with out needing a second editor team. Builders also can toggle the format between splitting vertically or horizontally by way of the Toggle Layout button.
Visual Studio Code 1.61, also acknowledged as the September 2021 launch, can be downloaded from the Visual Studio internet site. Other capabilities in Visual Studio Code 1.61 incorporate:
- Improved screen of deleted and read-only data files.
- Help for rudimentary bracket pair guides, for displaying vertical guides to hyperlink matching bracket pairs.
- Mounted terminal proportions, enabling developers to set an lively terminal’s width and height.
- For locked editor groups, the options working experience has been improved to conveniently decide on an editor that ought to lock a team instantly when opening.
- System-specific extensions, with the ability to publish different extensions for Windows, MacOS, and Linux. These extensions are handy if an extension has platform-specific libraries or dependencies.
- A Digital Workspaces extension information assists extension authors exam and update their extension when VS Code is functioning in virtual environments.
- Documentation for advanced container configuration provides guidelines and code illustrations for placing up advancement containers.
Copyright © 2021 IDG Communications, Inc.